Sometimes in life it can help to have something momentarily taken away from you to really appreciate it.
If your home heating has ever broken down during a cold spell, you’ll appreciate the warmth when all is repaired.
If you have a terrible night’s sleep, you’ll be looking forward to sleeping well again soon.
One I will never forget, when schools were closed during Covid, I missed the school run like you wouldn’t believe!
When you have an injury preventing you from exercising, you miss that outlet immediately.
Or worse, when your health, or the health of a loved one is in doubt, you’d sacrifice a lot to have that sense of fundamental security in your own wellbeing once again.
I’m going to keep this brief today so you can spend a minute with yourself answering these questions:
- What do you have that someone you know has lost recently?
- What will you do with this ‘gift’ this week?
- How will this benefit you?
- How might it benefit someone else?
You can expand on this theme if you like it. Make the most of what you have.
- Leverage your strengths in your work instead of trying to ‘fix’ your weaknesses.
- Bookend your day by noting two or three things that you’re grateful for.
- Say thank you to someone you feel indebted to; explain what their good deed meant to you.
If you were to add one more bullet here yourself, what would it be?